Thursday, January 17, 2008

Embracing Me

I'm a little behind in the Spring Shawl Surprice KAL. Clue 3 came out this past Tuesday, I finally finished Clue 2 tonight. That is okay. I'm learning to embrace who I am. I, my friends, am a lace knitter. Not only that, but I am an addicted to KALs lace knitter. And you know what, that is okay. I've come face to face with the monster and I can deal with it. I don't care how old you are, you can always learn new things about yourself. Clint Eastwood said, "A man's gotta know his limitations." Well, I don't know all my limitations, hopefully I never will. Hopefully I'll continue learning the rest of my life. But, there comes a time where we have to recognize our strengths. As stated before, I am not a great lace knitter, (you can tell that if you look closely) but apparently it is a passion.

Embracing who I am is helping me to cope with the fact that I have between now, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday to complete Clue 3 before Clue 4 comes out. AND Secret of the Stole II, "The Secret Is In the Mist", begins tomorrow. But, that is okay. I am "THE LACE KNITTER."

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

The start is absolutely beautiful.
wow. wow. wow.
Keep embracing that lace knitter! you're making beautiful stuff!

Opal said...

That's the spirit! Keep on embracing who you are and in the beauty that you create!

Traci said...

You ARE a lace knitter. And a wonderful one at that! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Peggy, It's looking very good. I love the color too!

Yes, you are a lace knitter - and an enabling one at that! Keep up the great work!

June said...

It's gorgeous Peggy! I wish I had more time to knit!!

Tabitha said...

I wish I could say the same for myself, alas, I stink at lace. I can't even figure out the lace socks I want to knit :(
Your stole looks amazing, keep on lace knitter!

Roseann said...

Your shawl is so stunning, you are The Lace Knitter. I enjoyed looking at your markers "in action" which will help me get mine set up. I love how the color works so beautifully with the pattern.

SYLVIE said...

I'm addicted to lace knitting too! I just love the way you express yourself.

I like the color of your Spring Shawl Surprice, nice work.

Romi said...

Your lace is just stunning!

Romi said...

Your lace is just stunning!

Maggisen said...

I like this colour very much. It will be very beautiful when it is done!

Valerie said...

And as your knitting friends, you except you for your lace madness and all! I just hope that one day I can knit lace like you. Every time I try it ends up all knotted and what have you.

This shawl and the last one posted look amazing by the way!!

Alpaca Granny said...

Peggy, I linked you on my blog. Hope that was ok. Come see.
Maple

Anonymous said...

Great work, Peggy. You must have found your knitting mission, wow.

kimberly said...

Wow - that is absolutely amazing! And you are working on so many stoles - I would get confused and louse everything up if I had more than one going at once!

Anonymous said...

Yes and you have me addicted to mystery lace knitting. LOL. I'm loving it.

Hugs!!!!

Brenda said...

oh my gosh...your shAwl is wonderful!

Arianwen said...

I just finished clue 1. You are doing great and it is beautiful. You lace knitter you!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

You ARE a lace knitter. And a very good one, at that. Beautiful work. I am a lace knitter, too. Wish I had more time for it!

Unknown said...

Tag... you're it - please see my blog. Thanks and happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

Knitting lace is really an addiction... you're right...
but I have to stop momently...
Your lace is wonderfull, don't stop... never... even you're in fever...