Monday, January 7, 2008

Yippy Pippy!!!!!

I believe I have the ole knitting mojo back, I think. I've had a couple of false starts. I began a set of Mermaid Gloves out of some of my hand spun but after working them for about four inches they just weren't happening. You know how I feel about unaffectionate items, they weren't very unaffectionate at all. I will eventually make them but out of different yarn and probably size 0's. I wanna be hugged when I put these babies on.

I also started Jordan's gloves out of the yarn our friends sent me. Noppie, not gonna work. The yarn is worsted but still just a tad too bulky for what I want. Then, low and behold, I was looking through various pictures on Ravelry for Fetching gloves and came across some made of Noro Silk Garden and remember I had some in the basement. When I went down to fetch the Fetching yarn I found other worsted weight yarns I had forgotten about. Some of which is a lovely grey tweed leftover from a scarf I had made Jorge aka Jordan a couple of years ago. I think it will be perfect. And there is a bunch of other wonderful yarns as well. How cool!!!!!!

#1, best thing, I finished Clue One of Spring Shawl Surprice. It is so lovely and since I am not a "pink" person, this is not pink it is Cassis. :) Clue Two comes out tomorrow. :)

I forgot to show you the scarf I started on New Year's Eve. We were going to some friends house and I wanted some "mindless" knitting to take with me so I started this scarf out of some handspun. The pattern is Enjoyable-Rib Scarf. It is indeed an enjoyable knit. Presently this is my in the car and Sunday School knitting.







9 comments:

Toni said...

Yay! The spring shawl is looking lovely!

Glad you're enjoying knitting again!

Opal said...

The shawl is gorgeous. Cassis huh? Suuuure. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Looks great Peggy. Good you are back on the track again :-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! I'm not a pink person either, but that pink looks great!!!

YAY for the 'old' and 'forgotten' yarn hehehe. Nice to have a surprise like that :)

Cheers Eva

Anonymous said...

Your spinning is beautiful, happy to hear that you have got back in the saddle and enjoy the knitting again ;o)

Funny that you where go to knit the mermaid gloves, I will knit ore well try to knit them so soon I have some lace yarn spun.

Alpaca Granny said...

Oh, my, I've been away (Ravelry, family, critters, my shop,etc.) and didn't realize you were in a knitting funk. Probably couldn't have helped anyway. Would have told you to go spin..... Works for me
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Arianwen said...

Your shawl is lovely, the pink is so pretty. I am still chugging on clue 1. The fetching will be lovely in the Noro.

SYLVIE said...

Your clue one looks really pretty, I just love the color!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great. You and the lace continue to blow me away.

And a handspun scarf! go you!