Friday, March 16, 2007

Goodies!!!!!

Look at this, can you believe it?!!!!!? Today I received the "goodie box" that Sharon from Bubbies Farm, the place I ordered my wheel from. She was sending me goodies with the purchase of my wheel anyways but due to the fact it took a little longer for it to come she sent me some extras. Which was very sweet of her because it wasn't her fault that the US supplier, New Voyager Trading Co, had run out and were awaiting a delivery from Poland. Eventually I want to get a wheel that I can travel with and I am definitely going to get it from her. I don't know that you can beat a Kromski. You should check them out at Sharon's website, www.bubbiesfarm.com . Still handmade by the Kromski family. Anyways, they have a portable wheel, the Sonata, which I understand is wonderful. But, I love the looks of the Mazurka and Minstrel. I THINK they travel well also, they just don't fold up like the Sonata. Decisions, decisions. But that won't be for a while, maybe Christmas?

I know what some of this is, I am waiting for Sharon to tell me about rest. Right under the rainbow roving from left to right, beige-mohair locks, brown cormo and something. :) Under the beige mohair is a light beige/cream colored silk roving and right under that is some unbelievably soft grey angora. To the right, in the burgundy bag is about two cups of lavender, mmmmmmmmmm smells so good. The lavender is laying on some white cormo and next to that is a knitting nancy for Emma Belle. I'll let you know what the rainbow roving is and the four white balls of something are. I think at least one of those is merino. Absolutely unbelievable!!!! A spinner's paradise. I have enough fiber to keep me busy for quite sometime. I haven't even begun processing the fleece other than washing and drying.

Oh yeah, my baby, Jordan-22, is coming home today!!!! I am very excited. He asked if I had him room ready yet and when I told him no he said I was the world's worst procrastinator!!!! He really needs to get his priorities straight. Doesn't he know that spinning and fiber take precedence over house work? The room will be set up all nice and happy before he gets home tonight around midnight or so. He has also given me the menu he wants over the next couple of days. I am really going to be busy. Emma Belle is here as well. Don't know how much spinning or knitting I'm going to be able to work in. :( But it will be there patiently waiting for me. Later.

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

Yah goodies, and lots of them!!!! Let me know how Emma does on the knitting nancy, and tell her mommy sends hugs and kisses! She will be so happy to see "Uncle Donna". Have a great weekend!

June said...

Holy Cow! I think I need to order from Sharon from now on! lol - Looks like you will be busy for quite sometime here. . .

Holly said...

Nice goody box! Your Polonaise is lovely-have you decided on a name yet?