Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Too Much!!!!!

.....I eat too much, I drink too much, I want too much, Too much!!!!!!! Dave Matthews

Something has to give. All, well not all, but many of my blog friends are really beginning to make me feel kinda creepy. I don't want to name names, but I feel I will be a healthier person if I do.

Well there is Roseann. Look at that list of things she has completed over this short year. Then there is Peggy. All you have to do is skim through her blog to see what all she has accomplished over the past year. AND folks, she didn't even learn to knit until last September, yeah, September 2006. And then Loribird. While I was writing this post, this is what I received from Lori:

"Aw, so sorry to be on your nerves! *heehee* I knit too much. Seriously. And all the practice makes me fast. I knit while I read blogs in the morning over coffee, I knit while I'm with the kids at the library or the playground, I knit in line at the post office... I knit while I'm making dinner and while I'm watching tv. If it's just stockingette, I knit while I read. I'm thoroughly obsessed, and I'm surprised that my husband encourages me by giving me my own room... The other secret to tons of FO's is to have too many projects going at once... and a determination to get them all done! Cheers! Lori"

Yeah, Cheers!!!! Thanks for rubbing it in LORI!!!! These women are unbelievable.

I've been trying to figure out what my problem is. I have a list of possibilities:

  1. I'm a slow knitter.
  2. I'm lazy.
  3. I read too many blogs.
  4. I'm on email too much due to the Yahoo Groups I belong to.
  5. I blog too much.
  6. I'm a slow knitter.
  7. I have too many projects OTN.
  8. Many of the projects I have OTN are too intricate.
  9. Many of the projects I have OTN aren't just sit down and knit projects. Ya gotta think.
  10. I'm a slow knitter.
  11. I'm just far too talented and intelligent for my own good. Which exhibits itself..........somehow
  12. I am ADD or possibly ADHD.
  13. I'm a slow knitter.
  14. I getting old and slow.
  15. I'm a slow knitter.

I blog too much, I read blogs too much, I want too much, Too Much!!!!!

Actually I think it is what the Oregon Peggy quoted from Bilbo Baggins, I'm "Like butter scraped over too much bread." I got too many irons in the fire. I got too many dogs in the hunt. I got too many fish on the line. Or, I ain't got the sense God gave a goose.

Now on to other things. I told you I'm in a lace craze. Understatement of the week. Last post I told you about the Secret of the Stole I joined, well I've joined another. As if I needed another, but you know me, one or two is never enough. I can't help it. I told you I wanted to be a double 0 spy but I can't stand to be chased so that knocked me out. But deep down that double 0 is still there ---the world is not enough!!!!! This particular one is called The Secret of Chrysopolis. And it is in German!!!! Nope, I don't speak German. Yep, I'm an idiot!!!! I did find a really cool on-line translator here. Cool huh? So, I had to go pick up some lace weight didn't I? Here are the goodies I "picked up."

You can get the low down on all these by going to my Flickr account.







And then today I ordered some lovely 100% Merino lace weight yarns from Knit Picks. Lost Lake Heather and Campfire Heather.


I WANT TOO MUCH..................TOO MUCH!!!!

16 comments:

Holly said...

OK-can I just cut and paste your entry onto my New Post section tomorrow??? Well, except for the yarn buying part, I'm still knitting from stash yarn. There's not even a dent. I may have to knit from stash for the next 4-5 years. Either that, or figure out how to knit faster.
I have SOOOO many things I want to make. And no time, really. It's pathetic.

Anonymous said...

I'm blushing.
The lace weight looks very pettable. You're not slow, you have more of a life than I do!

Sonya said...

Peggy, you are very eager, have lots of interests, like to learn new things, enjoy the excitment of starting a new project, you are very observant, and can multi-task.

I have had practice(with my oldest) turning negatives into positives.
See how much better it sounds.

Lori said...

Oh no! I wasn't trying to rub it in! Hope you're not really mad ;)
I second Peggy - I don't have a life either... I don't have a day job besides the kids, and I'm a terrible housekeeper.
Your laceweight collection is looking inspiring - did you know I still haven't finished Clue 3 of the mystery stole? I love lace, but I'm soooo sloooowwwww... So I'm jealous of your lace knitting, how's that for a little knitter's revenge?

Tabitha said...

I just wanna slap you! You get tons of things accomplished and have NO problem spinning\knitting beautiful pieces! Cry me a river while you knit up another stole, a satchel, a couple thousand pairs of socks, sweaters, purses, need I go ON?!!!! Now go KNIT :)

Peggy said...

TABBY - Thanks I needed that!!!! :)

Tabitha said...

Always here to lend a hand :)

Joanne said...

I feel just like this post sometimes. No, a lot. In fact, I totally identify with Dave Matthews. I have this hardcore acquisition thing going on--I want want want! I have to consciously remind myself to stick with 2-3 projects at a time, to stop buying things, to focus on what's important! It's remarkable what I can get done when I just deny myself things just because I want them! (ok, this sounds serious, and maybe it is, but I am totally smiling as I write this. We're so alike here...) Psst. A limited budget and a house full of stash? helps limit me. sometimes.

Traci said...

Hey, you can always look over at my blog where nothing fibery is going on at the moment. Go ahead and look, I'll wait. There. Now don't you feel better?!
I am at a crossroads with my wheel. I want someone to show me how to hook up the Scotch tension and see if it won't work better for me. If I can't get anywhere with it, I need to find a different wheel that works for me.

Traci said...

I have an Ashford Traditional. I just don't feel like I spin as well as I could. The tension is so fiddly with the double drive. I just want to see if it could be better. The last time I did any spinning I was very frustrated. I'd like to meet your friend to discuss this!

June said...

Ok, I think I like idea #15 the most! lol I am definitely a slow knitter, but hey! The turtle wins the race doesn't it? Your knitting looks great and I am constantly amazed that you only started a year ago!!

Unknown said...

I don't see a problem with your list - mine would be about the same. There is no problem with wanting many things - everyone does - just some folks admit it more than others. I've joined the first group you are in but chickened out on the German group. I'd like to but have other projects going on that should have something done with them first - like unpacking.
Enjoy yourself!

Ashley said...

Silly Peggy! You can never knit too much! I say don't compare yourself to anyone else, knit for the love of it! Do what makes you happy! :)

Traci said...

Thank you for helping me with my comment section!

Schneemaennchen said...

don't worry.
there is always somebody who speaks english, takes part in the "secret of chrysopolis" and reads your blog...

claudia

Roseann said...

I found your blog about the queue so profound that it has helped me to manage my projects better. Then other days I get a headache when I think of all the projects I want to complete. After reading your blog today, I feel better that I am not the only one with a lot of knitting going on. Great yarn pics!