I've joined another swap. This one is "Christmas Around the World Knitters Swap." Sounds like fun huh? I love Christmas and all the trimmings. With this group we get a swap partner, duh!!!! And follow these guidelines of what to send.
1. Something to knit from (enough yarn for 1 skein/small project)
2. Something to knit with
3. Something hand knitted by you
4. Something for the taste
5. Something for the soul
6. Something to hang on the Christmas Tree
Below is the questionnaire we are to answer and post on our blog.
1. Are you religious? I am a Christian, yes.
2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I learned to knit when I was 9 but didn't begin to be obsessed with knitting until about four years ago. Hmmm, I am probably Intermediate or somewhere between Intermediate and Advanced.
3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Yes, I spin. I can also sew, crochet, needlepoint, cross stitch, etc., etc.
4. Favorite color(s)? Black, greens & corals mainly. But I love most all colors but not usually pastels.
5. Do you collect anything? Besides yarn and such, I love anything French and chickens and roosters.
6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? No.
7. Do you have any pets? Yes, one Yorkshire Terrier, Katie Scarlet.
8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? Yes, yes and yes. I am a coffee lover most of all but I also enjoy hot tea.
9. Cookies or Sweets? Yes.
10. Do you knit socks? Absolutely addicted to sock knitting.
11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) I just started knitting lace and I love that. Plus, felted satchels, sweaters, just about everything.
12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? Yes, I love putting our Christmas Tree. Usually I put the tree up Thanksgiving weekend, the last weekend in November.
13. Favorite holiday treats? Chocolate Covered Cherries
14. Favorite holiday smells? Baking sweets, cinnamon, nutmeg, coffee
15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. I celebrate Christmas in a traditional manner. We have lots of family get togethers with lots of food. I was raised by my Aunt, Nanny (84). She couldn't have children of her own so my entire marriage, 30 years now, we go to her house on Christmas Eve and spend the night to have Christmas present opening at her house. Even now with my three children grown, we all go, some of us in beds some on couches and some on the floor. It isn't Christmas without being at Nanny's Christmas morning and her frying bacon, sausage and eggs for us with her very strong coffee.
16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Baking cookies with my daughter, Sara. Visiting family.
17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” FAMILY
18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? Ballerina
19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? Received - Small diamond earrings from my husband. Given - A Hand Painted Nativity set given to my Mother.
20. When do you start your Christmas? As far as decorating, the last weekend of November.
21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? I do not send them.
22. What is your favorite Christmas dish? I love fruit cake.
23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Run for the gun!!!! NO!!!! Stand on the porch until they are finished and then clap and thank them.
24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning.
25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Primarily family.