Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Birthday Sissy!!!!!

Today is my little Sara Joan's 27th b-day. Where does the time go? When the kids were little and I was telling them something of importance I would say, "Watch my lips." You know how it is, you can be telling them something but their watching tv or looking at something or playing and it sounds like the teacher on Charlie Brown, "Wa, wha, wa, wha, wa." And they haven't heard a word. In one ear and out the other.

When Sara was about 3-4 I said, "Sissy, watch my lips, go pick up your room." This precious little long haired princess looked up at me and said, "Mommy, watch my lips, No....I....Won't." I can't remember what insued after that. I probably picked her up laughing, carried her to her room and helped. :)

My scanner isn't working so I couldn't scan any of Sara's baby or childhood photos. She is probably glad of that. Most all of you have seen her and her now husband, Matthew, in previous engagement photos so I'll leave you with this one. My little Buddy & Sissy, Aaron and Sara, went shopping late, late one night and they took this photo. We call it "Chicken & Duck Lips."

Can you tell who is who? I have a really strange family. I wonder where they get this stuff?

Knitting update this afternoon.

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

Happy B-day Sara!

I always tell the girls "You have to be patient...I only have 2 hands." So, one day I asked Ava the same thing, "Please pick up these toys Ava." She glared at me and said, "Mommy, I have 2 hands and they are coloring, they can't pick up toys!"

You gotta love it! I had a good laugh :)

Valerie said...

The things kids say! I love how witty they can be without even realizing it. However, I think I am going to try that when I am talking to my brother from now on. -=giggle=-

Traci said...

Oh I would have had a hard time not laughing! It is amazing what kids think they get to say to us!
Happy belated B-day!