Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fiber Gods

The fiber gods must be happy. I think they are happy with me!!!! Why do you ask? Well remember my post about this?

Just last month I sent all that awesome, wonderful fiber off to Stonehenge Fiber Mill (oops, I'm an idiot, it is Stonehedge Fiber Mill) and yesterday I got this.
You can't see all the goodness. There is about 4 lbs of black, black, 4 lbs of a deep grey, 4 lbs of a cream and 4 lbs of a cocoa colored alpaca roving. Yummy, yummy.

That was yesterday, then today I received this in the mail. This is September's installment from Abby's Yarns Batt Club, Harvest Moon. 2 oz of 40% superfine merino, 30% tussah silk, 15% brown suri alpaca and 15% mongolian cashmere with 2 oz tussah silk all hand dyed to match. This stuff is awesome.

My boys say if we have a tragedy of apocalyptical proportions I will be ready to keep us clothed and warm for some time. Trouble is it all has to be spun and then knitted up (I don't own a loom) and I'm the only spinner and knitter in the house. Gosh, talking about pressure. We are all gun enthusiasts. We aren't hunters but in a pinch we could take care of ourselves. But, I bet the little creeps will expect me to not only cloth their sorry rears, I bet they will expect me to do all the cooking as well. Not to mention the cleaning, washing and such. I'll have to be the one that makes the candles and keeps the stinking fire going while they are out running helter skelter through the woods. They don't know crap about herbs and edible roots, that will fall on me as well. Where do they get off??????

I don't know, maybe the fiber gods aren't happy at all, maybe it is the fiber demons that are dancing a jig. Well, guess I'm going to pull another Scarlett O'hara, "I'll think about that tomarra, if I that about it today I'll go crazy." I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. But, you can be darn tootin that these people are at least going to learn to knit. Jerks!!!!!

On to happier and simpler things........Sara & Matthew's engagement photo.

14 comments:

Valerie said...

What a cute photograph!!

I am a little lucky in the event of sudden catastrophe like that. Grim (boyfriend) is the cooker of the house, we both could clean and he's be bored so he'd take up knitting.

I'm sure they wouldn't expect you to do all that. And if they did, skip out on cooking one night. They'll start getting the hint. -=giggle=-

Traci said...

Oh I would love to see your craft room! I can't envision that much fiber in one home! LOL
Love the engagement picture!

Ashley said...

I bet you were so happy to get those boxloads of fiber! It looks like a lot of fun in store for you! The engagement pic is great, your daughter looks a lot like you- Beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Joy in a box! When will you find time to spin all that??
I just got my first spindle and roving this weekend and I've already spun it all up. Rather poorly... that learning curve you know...

Anyway, don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you!!

Lori said...

Ha!
You know if you teach them to knit, they'll expect you to share your stash...
The alpaca is beauteous - I bet it's about as soft as anything.

Marmee said...

It must have been like Christmas to get those boxes in the mail!
I love that feeling. Now, what projects do you have earmarked for which color??
Your daughter has your beauty, looks like both inside and out.

Tabitha said...

Well look at it this way...you would never go hungry cause they couldn't make it without you :)

What I want to know is, who gave up their bedroom so you could put all your fiber in there? LOL! It's awesome! I love the Fall batts!

That is a great engagement pic!

Roseann said...

What a fun fibery day for you. Your alpaca is gorgeous and what you sent off was nice, too, I know that contributes tremendously to the final product. Abby's Yarns Batt Club is very tempting to me, thank you for sharing.

Holly said...

Aww-nice photo :~)
And your fiber looks amazing. Are ya spinning yet? I have a good amount of nice stuff too, but someone took my spinning mojo. Actually, I think it was my current sweater! Maybe once it's done I'll be able to get back to the spinning

LUL said...

Well, you know what to do for quite a while!!

CraftyGryphon said...

Oooooo, I wish I wasn't allergic to animal fibers... that stuff is LOVELY. (And much of it isn't animal fiber, either... I should check to see if Fiber of the Month has a "no wool" option!)

Karen said...

Great Engagement Pic. cute couple!
If your looking for some really soft wool to knit with, Stonehenge's Sheppard's Wool is super soft and yummy. Deb has great colors to choose from too.

Joanne said...

Wow. I know how great Stonehedge processing is..makes me want to run over and jump into your wool stash or something! It looks that luscious!

You know, all those baby bird hungry noises you're making on my blog aren't going unnoticed! Let me know when you and/or some part of your family wants to come over for a meal. (or you could just wander over for spinning and a meal or something) I'm sort of booked up in October, but otherwise, I'd love to have you!

Alpaca Granny said...

Stonehedge does an awesome job, don't they. Wish you could see their place. Very, very old, way out in the country, and yes, they do have a stone hedge.