Saturday, February 24, 2007

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO READY!!!!


I never ever thought I would say it. But, I am tired of knitting. Really I think it is due to the fact I have all this wonderful roving, more on the way including a beautiful Romney fleece and I can't do anything with it. Of course, the fact that I have a picture of my new wheel as my desktop photo probably doesn't help things. I just look and long. Good things come to those who wait, right? ----------> my new fleece
(David says it looks like a bag of fish).

After reading a post by Abby (see my favorite places to visit) where she said she keeps her drop spindle and fiber with her at all times and by doing so she probably spins between 500-1000 yards a week waiting in lines and such I ordered me a good drop spindle. It is just like the one I borrowed from June. I WILL BE THE VICTOR!!!

Several of us got together today at my house for food, knitting and fellowship. A good time was had by all. We did get some knitting done, but got a lot of fooding and fellowshipping done. It was good!!!! We are doing it again March 10th. By then I will have my wheel and new spindle. I think we might even have a surprise guest that will give a demonstration of using a drop spindle with the opportunity for others to give it a whorl. :)

I was just kidding, I'm really not tired of knitting. Just hoping some pouting would get me somewhere. It didn't. AGAIN!!!!

No comments: