Monday, September 10, 2007

Do You Believe In UFO's?

I mean, really, do you believe in UFOs? I know that throughout the world there have been sightings for years and years, possibly for centuries. Oh, they probably called them something different back then but a UFO by any other name is still a UFO. I am doing my part to dispel the UFO myth. In the past couple of weeks there have been fewer and fewer sightings in my neck of the woods. How about yours? Now, there are some UFO's that will never go away. Not in my lifetime. I just make sure they are buried so far below the surface that they won't be seen until I'm dead and gone. I'll leave those uglies for my children to sort through. Who knows, either they or their children might find them beautiful and make some sort of great piece of art to grace their home with. And you know what I'll do? I'll roll over in my grave. Maybe all untamed UFOs should be destroyed so they can never come back to haunt you.

I'm chugging right along, producing more FOs. I just finished the Rose/Grey Basic Rib socks I was making out of Austermann's Step. This is a wonderfully soft yarn and the sockies are so cozy. Too bad they aren't for me.j :(

I just cast on the Bellatrix socks. These are going to be so funky. They actually look, well you will just have to go look at 'em. I'm using this yarn. I did order me some of those gorgeous needles. I can't wait to get them. I also order the yarn to make this Tomten for Aaron. Except he wants it around knee length. And I ordered the yarn to make this for a wedding gift for Matthew and Sara. She knows I'm up to something, she goes through the house picking up this pattern and that asking "And what is this for?" Or she sees my swatches for the stole KALs coming up and asks the same question. I'm going to have to work on it while she is at work if I want it to be a surprise.

And lastly but certainly not leastly -------- IT RAINED YESTERDAY AND IS TODAY AS WELL!!!!!!!

8 comments:

CraftyGryphon said...

*giggle* I have to believe in UFOs... I've got 55 of the bloody things! Well, not actually bloody. I try not to bleed on my fibers - although I've got a few Vengeful Needles that seem to be out to get me...

Anonymous said...

Go you!! That's awesome! I've gotten the same finishing bug, and it's even extending to some of the hopelessly abandoned WIPs.
The socks look very comfy. I hope you're making some for you now.

Glad the rain finally came. We've just had 4 days in the 80s... that's completely unreasonable and unseasonable for us here on the coast! But the blackberries are finally ripe.

Roseann said...

Your Step socks came out beautifully!!! You are generous to share them. I think I used the same colorway, I like the way the ribbing pattern compliments the color striping.

Joanne said...

I have been so happy about the rain, too! I'm not sure it's anywhere near enough to be useful, but it sure was a great break!

The UFO busting has been amazing to watch. Wow.

Tabitha said...

Love the socks! The Tomten looks cool and the wedding gift will be perfect :) How exciting, getting rid of UFO's and new one's in the making!

Ashley said...

I succumbed to the beautiful needles at knit picks as well, how funny! Talk about effective advertising! I will be knitting a pair of socks for Aubrey using them so if you want to see them you will just HAVE to come to B&N sometime soon! ;) Congrats on finishing so many things, that always feels so great!

Lori said...

Whee! Look at her go! Now who's the crazy knit-finisher, eh?
A knee-length Tomten? That's a heck of a lot of sweater!
(and hooray for rain, I know you guys needed it.)

Unknown said...

I believe as well.
Please send some rain south instead of east so we can catch up a little bit - down 16" so far this year...
I do plan to complete some projects before starting new ones - except will be starting Secret of the Stole next month.