Monday, September 10, 2007

Friends

I am so excited!!!!! You know the Internet is so interesting. Since the inception of my blog, about six months ago, I have become friends with so many people. These aren't people that I will probably ever get to meet face to face, we don't talk via telephone, and actually very little via email, we primarily converse via our blogs. We all come from various walks of life. Many of which, most I think, I am old enough to be their mother. I'm sure many of us have very different political and/or religious views. Yet there is a deep kindred spirit between us. I can't really tell you how or where I met them, but usually it was from posting a comment on someone else's blog, seeing their post and then tracking it back to their blog. More often than not we are bound together through our knitting and/or spinning addiction. When I talk about them to my family I always say something like "My friend Lucille, from Timbucktoo, said ********, or she made *******." (The name is fictitious for fear of leaving someone out) Through blogging we share in the triumphs and the challenges of one another's life. I can say it is truly a joy to know each of them. Many of those listed under "Daily Haunts" in the right-hand column of my blog I classify as friends, if you haven't already, check them out.

Let me tell you what my friend, Peggy, from Oregon did. She went and nominated me for the title of "Rockin Girl Blogger." How cool is that? How exceptionally sweet is it? It deeply touched me, really!!!!! To tell you the truth I'm not sure how this works. Does my nomination go before the "Academy" for vote? Is it like the Nobel Peace Prize, do I get to go to some cool place to accept? Am I going to be sought after for articles and interviews so I can exhibit my wit, intelligence and exceptional knitterlieness? Yeah, I know I'm getting carried away, particular with that last one. Whatever the case, I'll get to strut this button on my blog. How cool!!!!!
Thank you my dear friend, Peggy!!!

On another note, I took part in Spindle and Wheel's Fiber Frenzy Swap. The pal I got to send yummy fibers to was Beth. Well, today I received a thank you package. Beth sent me some absolutely gorgeous Jagger Spun Zephyr, 50% Merino/50% Tussah Silk. It is a total of 1260 yards of a yummy to die for rose colored lace weight yarn. I can't wait to make a beautiful shawl out of it and it shall be named my "Beth Shawl." Thank you so very much Beth. Check out her shop's site, The Spinning Loft.

9 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations to you-and you deserve it, you are a very faithful blogger. Don't know how you do it!
I've got plenty of UFO's 'round here. But right this minute I am so entranced by my new shawl I am not thinking of a new project just yet. Wonder how long that'll last?

Anonymous said...

My dear friend Peggy, you are welcome! Now you get to nominate another Rockin' Girl Blogger... sorry no Leno though.

And I remember exactly how I met you: I saw your name/comment on HelloYarn thought it was extraordinary to find another Peggy, came here and found we were knitting with the exact same yarn. And that was even more extraordinary!

Just like you.

June said...

Peggy! You've been on a finishing streak here, love the bag, and love the socks! Oooh, what a score with the jaggerspun yarn! Did you know that mill was right down the street from my house growing up? Anyway, everything looks great!

Tabitha said...

Peggy, you are definitely the Rockin' Girl Blogger! Also the Queen of FO's, the Majesty of Socks, and the Princess of Gorgeous Yarns! I'm jealous!!!! But what can you do, your a wonderful person and well worthy of all those titles!

BTW, I love that yarn, the "Beth Shawl" will be beautiful! :)

Sonya said...

Good for you, you Rockin' Girl Blogger you.

Sonya said...

Hey, I'm not in that list.
What's up with that??!!

Alpaca Granny said...

I so agree with you about all the friends we have made and will probably never see in real life. But isn't it wild how our lives intertwine and overlap. Like how I'm going to see Beth's shop in Howell tomorrow. You can be sure we will be talking about you.

Valerie said...

Congrats! Your really are awesome and deserve the nomination! ROCK ON GIRL!

Joanne said...

Hey, we are blogger friends AND friends in real life! How 'bout that!? (I don't show my tremendous amount of wool stash to just anybody, now, would I?) I've been talking to some folks who might be interested in starting up a knitting group at the downtown library. I'll keep you updated...