Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy Tots (Thoughts not Children)

Now tell me, what happier thoughts are there than new yarn? Tell me, now!!!!! Exactly!!!! If you came up with another answer that has nothing to do with yarn or fiber, well, you really need to sort out your priorities and check to see exactly where your loyalties lie. I mean, really think about it. Who is always there for you no matter what time of day, no matter where you are, no matter where you are going, no matter what the mood.......who? You darn tootin straight!!!! Yarn!!!!

Yarn is like no other friend. Think about it. What other friend would allow you to oooooo and ahhhhh all over it, pass it around for "others" to squeeze, drool and oooo and ahhhh, only to be stashed under the bed, or in some bin with all the other yarn friends you've forgotten you even have anymore. What other friend allows you to dress it up in some of the most hideous garb to once again get stuff somewhere far, far away with all those other yarns you have so grotesquely mutilated into unfinished projects that will never see the light of day again. And to boot, you stuff the high quality wool in the same dark plastic container with, can I even say it? Acrylic!!!!! Oh gosh!!!!! Say it ain't so!!!!!!

I don't know about you, but, I plead the fifth. Enough said.

Let's move on. I have a couple new friends. I received the yarn for Aaron's Tomten. I can't wait to get started on this beauty. I'm in the swatching stage. Bleck, I hate swatches. My friend, Peggy (Obi-Peggy-Kenobi), has been giving me some jedi knitting insturctions. She truly is a knitting jedi.

Anyways, on to the happy tots. This is Knit Picks, Wool of the Andes, 100% Peruvian Highland Wool in Chestnut.
Another knitting jedi friend, June, had a contest on her blog. She and I went in together back in the Spring and bought a Romney Cross fleece. Mine is, well this is what mine looks like.

This is what June's looks like. The contest she ran was to name that beauty. I found this picture and submitted "Painted Desert" as the name. I won!!!! And this yummy yarn is what I won. It is 60% superwash merino/30% bamboo/10% nylon. It will make some very scrumpteous, soft sockies. I am so proud. My friend, local writer, designer, Joanne, has an article published in Interweave Knit's Fall 2007 edition. How cool is that. Be sure and check it out. Her article is on the very last page entitled, Green Knitting.

And finally. David and I are going on vacation beginning Saturday. Where are we going? We don't know. Which is very strange for us. We usually have some kind of plan. We are a rather boring couple. We usually get a cabin somewhere and just chill. Read, knit, eat, sit on the deck, maybe watch a little tv, drink coffee like it is going out of style and a few other things. :)

I, of course, will have loads of knitting. I'll probably end up taking enough to last at least a year. Ya gotta be prepared ya know. But, I'm experiencing a little anxiety. I won't be near a computer for about five days. I won't be able to read/answer email. I won't be able to read/comment on you guys' blogs. I won't be able to post on my blog. How am I going to survive?

And then, when I do get back to 6,000 emails and 40,000 blog entries how will I ever get caught up? It is a rough life people, but somebody's got to live it. And I suppose, this is my lot. I'll see you when I get back. I miss you already. :)

8 comments:

Tabitha said...

I love that chestnut-colored yarn! And the yarn you won from June looks so cozy!
You will be missed, but enjoy every minute of your vacation, you deserve it!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation that is well earned, miss you already.

:o)

Valerie said...

Have fun hun! Take pictures and come back a shower us with them!

June said...

We miss you too! I had to laugh at the sight of your Romney-Corriedale cross picture - how funny! I have to say in all fairness to you, this is one of my least favorite fleeces I have ever processed - way too much dirt!

Roseann said...

I hope you and David have a wonderful vacation and I look forward to seeing all your knitting. I'm the same way, I take a lot of knitting projects, just in case I feel like knitting something else. As usual, I enjoyed looking at your new fleece and yarns, very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Your yarn all looks wonderful. I can't wait to start on the Tomten either! I don't have to say that I will miss you because I miss you already! :) I hope you have an awesome time away...get lots of knitting done! :)

Holly said...

Hope you have a great time and get lots of time to knit and relax :~) Love that chestnut shade!

Arianwen said...

You are soo lucky to have knitpicks they do wonderful yarn. have a great vacation!