Friday, September 7, 2007

Progress, Buggies & Paying It Forward


Friends!!!! Let me tell you about progress, right here in corvette country. Progress with a capital P that rhymes with T that stands for Triumph!!!!

Yes sirree, we are talking about progress. I finished my Maggie's Felt Tote by Fiber Trends and I just love it. It is huge but not so deep you can't see the bottom making it difficult to dig out the very thing you are looking for. :)

I've also made progress on my Fawkes socks.

I've spent quite a bit of time over on Ravelry getting my projects, stash and needles/hooks info entered and updated. I have been researching a couple patterns over there as well. You will see them sometime soon I am sure. Oh, I know you will. I can't hardly wait to get some of these things OTN but I am restraining myself for a bit. Don't you find it is interesting what the definition of "a bit" is? You know, it could be months, weeks, days or even minutes. I can't start on these things, the yarn hasn't come in from Knit Picks, so there. Restraint has nothing to do with it. Happy? (OMG, just as I was fixin the link over there I looked, go look at those new needles!!!!!! Gotta have 'em.)

A friend of mine, Joanne Seiff, who has many patterns in print with various knitting magazines or yarn companies just released the cutest set of patterns. When I saw them I knew I just had to have 'em. Aren't they the cutest little things you ever did see? Here is where you can purchase your very own set of these buggie patterns.

One of my "Daily Haunts" is Sonya's blog, In the Skein of Things. While checking it out I saw this and wanted to take part in it. If you notice the quotation marks around the paragraph below, it is because I decided why re-invent the wheel. Sonya had said it so nicely I just stole her words. So here is what you do.

"This is the "Pay It Forward" exchange, based on the concept of the movie where acts of kindness are done without expecting anything in return...just passing it on, with the hope that the recipients of your kind acts will pass it along to someone else. Here's how it works: I will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment to this post on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don't know what the gift will be yet, and it won't be sent this month and maybe not next month either, but it will be sent within 6 months and that's a promise! (Now that is her promise, you will receive a handmade gift from me, but let's not put a date on it okay? Alright already, within 6 months.) What you have to do in return then is "pay it forward" by making the same promise on your blog. I think this will be great. You never know when someone needs a pick me up. I can tell ya it is really wonderful to find something in the mail that brightens your day. Ok, who will be first, don't be shy.And whether or not you are playing this game, why not pay it forward in real life and do a random act of kindness to someone this week? Amen"

So ...........................Let's Get It On!!!!!

EXTRA, EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!! Do not forget to tell me in your comment whether or not you are game for the Pay It Forward thingy. Just because you see more than three comments, it doesn't mean I have three participants. And send me an email with your address and info. peggy dot sturgeon at insightbb dot com

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Fawkes socks! I hadn't seen that pattern before, thanks for the link!

And wouldn't it be nice if everyone did a random act of kindness? The world would be a much better place, at least I think so!

Lori said...

I think that's a great idea! I'm totally about paying / playing along!
Hey, your tote and socks look great - way to move in on the FO's! I've never felted anything (intentionally) and everytime I see a cool felted bag I want to try...

Joanne said...

Peggy, you have already "paid it forward" with me! Thank you for posting about my pattern. I'm grateful. Unfortunately, I don't think you should count me in the handmade gift thing. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all my other "handmade" work stuff, and I probably need to just concentrate on that for a while. I'm not saying I won't make handmade things for folks!--but there's no chance I can set a time limit on it just now, so skip me and move on to #4!

Anonymous said...

and I am number four... But what a great idea. "Random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty."

The bag and socks look great. I'm on a finishing kick too, and it feels so good!

Ashley said...

I so know what you're talking about with those Knit Picks needles! They're gorgeous! Miss you! Come to knitting every once in a while, ok?! :)

Valerie said...

The socks are looking positively beautiful!

Traci said...

Wish I could participate but would feel horrible doing so right now. Money is too tight!
You are amazing with all that you accomplish. I did manage to change my wheel to Scotch tension and am spinning right along now!

Tabitha said...

The tote and socks look great! I love the size! You could put everything in it!

Holly said...

I need to make a felted bag soon. I can't fit my organizer/calendar thingy in my current bag and since I'm losing brain cells by the minute, I've got to do something to insure it goes wherever I do. Solution? Start a new knitting project!