Saturday, September 29, 2007

Just A Tad

I haven't gotten a whole lot of knitting accomplished today. I've had plenty of time but not knittin time. David and I walked down to the ponds, it is so sad. The little pond has totally dried up and the big one is so low you can see the back of the fish. And no rain in sight. And I've been cookin. Chicken Stir Fry, Brown Rice and Apple Crisp.

I had the "boys" bring my Hoosier cabinet up from downstairs. I bought this cabinet in a yard sale probably, gosh, 22 years ago for $50. A friend that finishes antiques took the paint off then finished it for my b-day one year. I've made many an apple pie on that enameled counter top. It's funny, I was showing my youngest, Jordan-22, how the counter top pulls out so you have more working space and then when you are done you can just slide it back. He said, "Mom, you've had that cabinet as long as I can remember, uh, I think I know how it works." Smarty pants. I decided it would make a fine picture/yarn holder in the living room. You can see some of the yarn and then there is a bunch more behind the big bottom door. Functional and pretty to look at. Kinda like me!!!!! Well, actually not either.

The first clue for the Secret of Chrysopolis stole came out yesterday. I've gotten just a tad done. Some unknown speed demon already has the first 178 rows completed!!!! C'est bazar!!!!! The pattern is gorgeous and I am loving my yarn choice, Knit Picks' Shadow in Campfire Heather. This one is going to be beautiful. It isn't too late, mosey on over and join the fun.

9 comments:

Valerie said...

What an adorable cabinet! It's beautiful!

Tabitha said...

I love that campfire heather color! It's going to make a very beautiful stole!

June said...

Love your choice for the Secret stole! And are you trying to tell me my feet are fat?! Huh!

Roseann said...

Your Knit Picks Shadow is so pretty in Campfire Heather, I love all the little flecks of color. I will have to check out that knit-along. I like your yarn-storage cabinet, it's beautiful inside and out!

Traci said...

I have a Hoosier cabinet also. I love it! I paid a bit more for mine though! The color of the yarn is beautiful!

Holly said...

Now, now-I thought your analogy was right on ;~)
How do you like the Shadow? I haven't knit with that one. I mean to place an order with them in a couple of days-if I can manage to get some of those needles before they're all gone again!

Anonymous said...

I could have sworn I commented here yesterday!! Oh well, life is a haze just now.
Great Cabinet- gotta love those useful and beautiful things.

I'm sending you rain! It's been pouring since Sunday!

Arianwen said...

The cabinet is lovely. Are the instructions for the stole in english or german? Love the colour of yarn. I am so jealous of you being able to use knitpicks

LUL said...

You are going ti be busy if you plan to knit Chrysopolis as well as Secret of the Stole :-)
I was lazy and picked the easy one.