Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccck!!!!

We got back from vacation today. We had a lovely time. I forgot the camera, so no pictures, bummer. Our first stop was Flemingsburg, KY, the Covered Bridge Capital of Kentucky. We stayed at a lovely bed & breakfast, Stockton Station Inn, Saturday and Sunday nights. Then Monday we headed to a cabin just outside of Maysville, KY. It was awesome. Nestled in the hills and woods of Kentucky, a fully furnished, modern cabin. We had several lovely walks in the woods and lots of relaxation. David read a lot and well, you can guess what I did......knitted, knitted and knitted. It was so wonderful. There are only a couple of things I would change. I would have taken more knitting with me, yeah, I know I wouldn't have gotten as much done on any one object but, I like diversity. The other thing I would change is, there wasn't cable/satellite tv. I mean really folks, how the heck am I supposed to keep up with the OJ saga? Actually, I don't watch very much tv at all, however, I am a news hound. Fox News is going practically my whole wake time. All in all it was great. I missed seeing the kids so much and when we got home our youngest, Jordan-22, had cleaned the entire main floor of the house. I mean soft scrub the tub and everything!!!! Talk about a blessing.

I finished the Embossed Leaves socks. And I have just turned the heel on the second of the Fawkes socks.









Eleven inches finished on the Tomten. It is such a joy to just knit and knit and knit without even thinking. And garter stitch is so clean looking don't you think?








When I got home there were two packages waiting on me. One was an order from Knit Picks. Lots of wonderful yarns & needles. I'll have to reveal those goodies later. :)

A couple of weeks ago my step-sister, Lisa, called to inform me she was in Provo, Utah standing in front of the "oldest yarn store in the US," Heindselman's Yarn, Needlework & Gifts. I asked her if she was going to buy me some yarn from there. I was actually joking, but, being the giving individual she is she did. This yarn is pretty neat and really strange. It is made by Raven Frog Fibert Arts in Sitka, Alaska. 150 yards of 55% mohair/45% merino wool. How cool is that?

7 comments:

Roseann said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip and that you returned with fibery packages waiting for you. What beautiful socks!!! The garter stitch is very clean looking on Tomten. What will you create with your Raven Frog yarn?

Valerie said...

Glad to hear that you had a great trip!! I love the projects! They look wonderful!

Joanne said...

The knitting is gorgeous!
I envy you the vacation. Glad it was fun! In fact, I've been dreaming of mine, which will probably happen in late December or early January. Plus, I'd be really really happy if someone cleaned any of my house while I was away!

Traci said...

Sounds like a nice trip. I want one like that. Just sitting back and relaxing. Love the socks! And the new yarn.

Tabitha said...

Now that's my kind of trip, just relaxing and more relaxing, lol. I'm glad to hear you had a good time and accomplished a lot of knitting. The socks look great. I love to just knit garter too, that is when knitting is really relaxing :)

Marmee said...

Glad you are back! Your knitting is beautiful, as always....
Hope you are refreshed and ready to tackle some more of life, and of course, more knitting!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful haul! so glad you're back!